Are you passionate about working within the sourcing function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have strong analytical and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Then you may be our new Specialist, Sourcing.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing effective sourcing activities of needed materials and/or material categories globally with major focus on logistics and indirect spend
- Developing and implementing innovative approaches to sourcing arrangements that minimize costs and commercial risk, and deliver savings.
- Identifying and executing cost saving programs in sourcing
- Analyzing and evaluating markets and supplier trends within relevant categories to ensure that sourcing is based on best practice ‘intelligence'
- Managing relationships with suppliers and negotiating contracts/agreements to minimize costs and ensure the organization receives expected standards of service
- Providing expertise and commercial knowledge within a category of spend to produce high quality professional category scoping reports and/or commercial options appraisals
- Effectively communicating to suppliers and internal stakeholders regarding forecasts and other requirements or activities
- Supporting our global Sourcing team with analytical and administrative activities
- Maintaining and tracking accurate sourcing data and developing executive management level reports
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated project management experience
The position will be located in Windsor Locks, Connecticut and report to VP, Sourcing. We offer an interesting and independent role in a multicultural environment, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Kathleen Vita, Senior Manager, Human Resources Americas by phone 860.794.7422 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by July 15, 2022, through the application link
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible. Read more about Suominen here www.suominen.fi
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs over 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 amounted to EUR 443 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Suominen is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we process personal data about you in our online recruitment system, as well as what rights you have under the applicable laws, particularly under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).