Senior Specialist, Sourcing
Are you passionate about working within the sourcing function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have strong analytical and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Then you may be our new:
Senior Specialist, Sourcing
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Plan and implement effective sourcing activities of needed material and/or material categories globally with major focus on logistics and indirect spend
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to sourcing arrangements that minimize costs and commercial risk, and deliver savings.
- Identify and execute cost saving programs in sourcing
- Analyze and evaluate markets and supplier trends within relevant categories to ensure that sourcing is based on best practice ‘intelligence'
- Undertake supplier mapping and market sounding exercises of key suppliers within the category portfolio, to help develop effective supplier relationships
- Manage relationships with suppliers and negotiate contracts/agreements to minimize costs and ensures the organization receives expected standards of service
- Provide expertise and commercial knowledge within a category of spend to produce high quality professional category scoping reports and/or commercial options appraisals
- Effectively communicates to suppliers and internal stakeholders regarding forecasts and other requirements or activities
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated project management experience
The position will be located preferably in Nakkila, Finland and report to Senior Manager, Sourcing. We offer an interesting and independent role in a multicultural environment, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Päivi Reiman Senior Manager, HR, Europe, phone +358 50 385 6547 on July 5, 2022 at 10-11 EET or July 14, 2022 at 13-14. Please send your application, CV and salary request by July 31, 2022 through the application link: Senior Specialist, Sourcing
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible. Read more about Suominen here www.suominen.fi
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs nearly 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 amounted to EUR 443 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Suominen is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we process personal data about you in our online recruitment system, as well as what rights you have under the applicable laws, particularly under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).