Senior Specialist, Production Planning, Windsor Locks.
Are you passionate about working within the sales function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have strong sales and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team? Then you may be our new Senior Specialist, Production Planning, Windsor Locks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support Operations and Customer Service to ensure timely production and deliveries
- Communicate with Supply Chain Manager any abnormal changes relating to production machines / converting equipment schedules and priorities and advising any change in schedules to ensure raw material availability, especially those related to abnormal demand.
- Manage the Planning process to maintain and enhance our delivery on time performance and improve our overall service to the customer.
- Responsibility for raw material planning
- Managing, updating and communicating lead-time requirements and production cycle for production machines and converting equipment.
- Adjust production schedules using TIPS Centralized Planning accordingly, ensuring production schedule meets production KPI’s.
- Calculate optimal production machines deckles to maximize asset utilization in hand with customer satisfaction.
- Plan required orders for production machines to support commercial volume, product development initiatives and stock inventory requirements in accordance with Cycles established in TIPS from Sales Forecasts.
- Optimize production run schedule (size and order) so that product campaigns are produced efficiently to support minimal change over time and downtime.
- Coordinate/communicate with Customer Service regarding expectation of product campaign efficiency to include production run optimization strategy so that issues can be addressed and resolved.
- Interact with outside converters when sub contracting work is needed to ensure delivery of produced inventories as required.
- Perform short-term, tactical capacity analysis on product / customer volume requirements for relevant production machines and converting equipment.
- Cross-functional interface with Manager, Sales team and Operations departments as required to align customer satisfaction and operational goals.
- Oversight of all Rework/FGI inventories, aged, etc. and proactively engage cross-functional departments to disposition these inventories on a timely basis and achieve defined inventory target levels.
- Ensure inventory is optimized, leveraging where needed, respecting working capital targets, and with actions against any aged inventory.
- Perform other related projects and duties as assigned, including s-Plus Team involvement
- Perform duties to target KPI requirements
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
The position will be based in Windsor Locks and will report to Catherine Speer, Manager, Supply Chain
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Production Planning/Scheduling is preferred
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and establish priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Specifically, expert level Excel knowledge
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP)
For more information, please contact Shannon Milliard, Manager, HR, Windsor Locks at email@example.com on or before May 27, 2022.
Please send your application and CV, by May 27, 2022 through Senior Specialist, Production Planning, Windsor Locks
Suominen in brief
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes and other applications. Our vision is to be the frontrunner for nonwovens innovation and sustainability. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens are present in people’s daily life worldwide. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 were EUR 443.2 million and we have over 700 professionals working in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Suominen is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we process personal data about you in our online recruitment system, as well as what rights you have under the applicable laws, particularly under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).