Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have excellent research & development skills and enjoy working within a diverse team? Then you may be our new:
Suominen is looking to hire a dynamic, technically-oriented Manager, R&D to join our R&D group to maintain key mature technology and develop new products and technologies. In this position, you will support research and development activities, develop competencies and generate new products, components, systems, processes and know-how.
Business Impact: Develop new products or technologies, maintain key mature technology and manage the innovation of new ideas that support the product line vision and mission.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to all safety and quality practices and organizational policies and procedures in all tasks and job functions. Recognize safety and quality as Core Operating Principles that are permanently at the top of priorities.
- Manages project portfolio for the product line and provides adequate support to strategic projects through prioritization of resources.
- Matches the business’s strategic plan with project objectives.
- Actively participates in establishing the strategic plan and department objectives.
- Ensures product development on time and on budget.
- Identifies new or improved products to satisfy customer requirements in specific business areas and to create differentiation from competition.
- Provides technical expertise to customers.
- Generates solutions to complex technical problems, through independent application of technical expertise and through efficient use of the efforts of technical support personnel.
- Maintains surveillance of technical journals and other sources of technical information. Conducts patent searches and develops patents as needed.
- Participates in establishing new technology needs and future design activities.
- Interfaces with all levels of management to report results.
- Travel and spend time in different Plants according to needs.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent with five (5) years of industrial experience or M.S.; M.Sc. or Ph.D. with two (2) years of industrial experience. Educational degrees preferably in: nonwovens, chemistry, chemical engineering, fiber & polymer science, pulp and paper science or textile engineering.
- Spunlace, Pulp and Paper, nonwovens or related industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Capable of interacting on all levels of the organization in various different cultures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Highly analytical, strong problem-solving skills.
- High energy, proactive, positive mindset.
- Represents the company in a professional, ethical and moral manner at all times.
The position will be based in one of our U.S. Plants (Windsor Locks, Green Bay, Bethune). You will report to Pramod Shanbhag, Director, R&D, Americas. We offer an interesting and independent role in a multicultural environment, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Kathleen Vita, Senior Manager, HR, Americas by phone 1.860.794.7422 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by September 23, 2022, through the application link:
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible. Read more about Suominen here www.suominen.fi
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs over 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 amounted to EUR 443 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Suominen is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we process personal data about you in our online recruitment system, as well as what rights you have under the applicable laws, particularly under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).