Manager, Production, Windsor Locks
Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have good people management and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team? Then you may be our new Manager, Production, Windsor Locks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Promote a strong safety and quality culture where both safety and quality are core values of everyone at Suominen. Ensure full compliance to all Safety and Quality related policies, procedures and practices. Ensure that core principles are being recognized as permanent and transcend priorities.
- Manages the work and activities of production team leaders, operators and external resources who are responsible for various operations activities within a plant
- Liaises with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develops plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations activities (e.g. Process, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Quality control, Engineering and Supply Chain)
- Develops and implements schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocates labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and ensure availability level
- Responsible for performance improvement; safety, quality and environment; analyzing production, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Contributes in prioritization, plans and manages operations processes (e.g. production, planning, delivery, inventory) to minimize disruptions to production schedules
- Implements and ensures adherence to operations core principles
The position will be based in Windsor Locks, CT US. You will report to Don Rakevicius, Plant Director, Windsor Locks.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor´s degree in business, engineering, production management, or relevant field, Master´s degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and Power Point
For more information, please contact Shannon Milliard at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by May 31, 2022 through the application link. Manager, Production, Windsor Locks
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible. Read more about Suominen here www.suominen.fi
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes and other applications. Our vision is to be the frontrunner for nonwovens innovation and sustainability. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens are present in people’s daily life worldwide. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 were EUR 443.2 million and we have over 700 professionals working in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Read more at www.suominen.fi.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Suominen is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we process personal data about you in our online recruitment system, as well as what rights you have under the applicable laws, particularly under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).