Are you passionate about working in a team that focuses on demand and supply? Are you effective, accurate and have attention to detail? Do you have good collaboration and communication skills and enjoy working with an international team? Then you may be our new Analyst, Demand Management.
We are currently looking for a person for our Demand team. This individual will have a global footprint and work out of our Windsor Locks office.
The job purpose is to plan and implement analysis to support management decisions that have an impact on demand management results. The role is exciting, international and versatile. The key tasks and main responsibilities are listed below.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Proactively contributes to the Suominen S&OP process, creating the monthly demand and supply plans
- Supports global Demand Planning activity that reflects company strategy and helps to maximize company profit by using current and historical shipment information, market trends, internal and external information to develop a product level demand plan by month for a 24+ months time frame utilizing demand planning tools and software.
- Analyzes forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast and adjusts accordingly by developing and implementing action plans.
- Conducts customer and market level demand related analysis interacting with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure quality input and quality output of the analysis
- Work closely with Demand Manager, Sales Managers, and category managers on forecast assumptions and proactively adjust demand plan with the latest developments.
- Share forecast assumptions, changes, risks, and opportunities with Demand Manager.
- Provides suggestions for improving the forecasting, collaboration and reporting process to satisfy sales, production and supply chain planning requirements.
- Reports and tracks Demand and Supply team KPI/OPI and targets, Contribute to Demand Planning reporting and distribution.
- Contribute to Demand and Supply team business unit's objectives and business goals (assigned KPIs and targets).
- Contribute to the maintenance of internal databases in order to ensure accurate forecasts.
- Provide suggestions for improving the demand forecasting, collaboration, and reporting processes
- Other related projects and duties as required.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor´s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or the equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Demand or Supply related role
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- The ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Excellent skills in English, other language skills are a benefit
- Proficient in MS Excel and Power Point
- Experience with SQL and Database administration desired. PowerBI, Tableau, R or Python knowledge is a plus.
- Willing to learn and grow in Demand and Supply area
The position will be based in our Windsor Locks office. You will report to Manager, Demand Management. We offer an interesting and independent role in a multicultural environment, support of motivated team and possibility to develop skills.
For more information, please contact Shannon Milliard, Manager, HR, Windsor Locks @ Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by September 2, 2022 through the application link: Analyst, Demand Management
Why to choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible.
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs over 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2021 amounted to EUR 443 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.