Are you passionate about working within sales and business intelligence to understand sales forecast, opportunities pipeline, customer plans and other demand input? Are you accurate and have attention to details? Do you have good communication skills and do you enjoy working within international team. Then you may be our new
Manager, Demand Management, Europe
Manager, Demand Management, Europe is responsible to plan and forecast future manufactured and purchased goods based on historical sales, current trends, market conditions and customer input. Will be responsible for implementing a collaborative forecasting approach to help to ensure product availability and minimize inventory exposure.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Uses current and historical shipment information, market trends, internal and external information to develop a product level demand plan by month for a +24 month timeframe utilizing demand-planning software.
- Responsible for mapping and refinement of internal databases in order to ensure accurate forecasts.
- Work closely with Category Managers and Sales Managers on forecast assumptions and proactively adjust demand plan with latest developments.
- Communicate forecast assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key customer contacts to review demand projections and other opportunities.
- Analyzes forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast and adjusts accordingly by developing and implementing action plans.
- Provide suggestions for improving the demand forecasting, collaboration, and reporting processes to efficiently satisfy Sales, Product Management, and Supply Chain requirements. Participate in related internal or customer initiatives.
The position will be based in Alicante (Spain), Mozzate (Italy) or Nakkila (Finland).
You will report to Director, Demand & Supply Management.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or the equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of previous forecasting experience, preferably in a consumer goods environment.
- Experience with SQL and Database administration.
- Broad supply chain and customer functional knowledge.
- Experience with forecasting and demand planning tools, SAP experience desired.
- ForecastPro experience is a plus.
- Effective influencing and communicating skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills required to analyze and interpret large volumes of data for developing fact-based business assumptions.
- The ability to work independently and to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by May 28th through the application link.
Manager, Demand Management, Europe
Suominen in brief
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs nearly 700 professionals in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2020 amounted to EUR 459 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange. Read more at www.suominen.fi