Suominen Corporation has today received a notification of change in holdings in accordance with chapter 2, section 9 of the Securities Markets Act as follows:
Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company’s share of the total number of shares and voting rights in Suominen Corporation has exceeded 10 per cent.
The change in holdings is related to a share issue directed to the public and a share issue directed to the holders of Suominen Corporation’s capital loan 2008 described in a stock exchange release issued by Suominen Corporation on 13 October 2011.
In accordance with chapter 2, section 9 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act we hereby notify the Financial Supervisory Authority and Suominen Corporation as follows:
1. Name of the issuer of shares: Suominen Corporation
2. Reason for the flagging notification: Share acquisitions in Suominen Corporation’s share issue directed to the public and conversion issue directed to the holders of capital loan 2008.
3. Name and business identity code of the shareholder subject to the notification obligation: Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company (hereinafter Ilmarinen), Business ID 0107638-1.
4. Date of change in holdings: 21 October 2011.
5. Share of the total number of shares and voting rights in the issuer:
Ilmarinen’s shareholding before the share issues: Number of shares: 3,823,104 shares Share of the total number of shares and voting rights: 8.1%
Ilmarinen’s shareholding following the share issues: Number of shares: 27,111,992 shares Share of the total number of shares and voting rights: 11.0%
The calculation basis for the flagging is the total number of Suominen Corporation shares and voting rights registered with the Trade Register following the share issues on 21 October 2011. The number of Suominen Corporation shares and voting rights registered with the Trade Register totals 245,934,122.
Tampere 21 October 2011
Arto Kiiskinen Vice President and CFO
For additional information, please contact: Mr. Arto Kiiskinen, Vice President and CFO, tel. +358 (0)10 214 300
Suominen produces high-quality flexible packaging, wet wipes and nonwovens for industry and the retail sector. The Group is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers in all its business areas, with operations in Finland, Poland, the Netherlands, and Russia. The Group had net sales of EUR 173 million in 2010 and it employs around 900 people. Suominen is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. www.suominen.fi