Two positions open, one in Windsor Locks, CT and one in Green Bay, WI
This position will perform accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile accounts to help ensure that the financial information within the general ledger is accurate/complete/timely.
- Prepare, check, and analyze a variety of financial information and reports to include, but not limited to, internal management reports/trending/analysis, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings.
- Assist the Plant Controller, as needed, with ongoing reporting and analytical tasks, responding to ad hoc inquiries, audit inquiries, other departmental activities as assigned.
- As appropriate and relevant, cross train with other department staff to function as back-up on certain tasks and activities.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the month-end accounting financial close, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assists with a variety of Finance functional reporting including reporting maintenance, report development, data credibility testing, graphical representation of information, inquiry responsiveness
- Preparation of periodic state Sales/Use Tax and local Property Tax reporting
- Leads the ongoing GR/IR (Goods Receipt vs. Invoice Receipt) review/accounting/inquiry response activity
- Assists in the preparation/review/analysis of monthly forecasts and annual plan as needed
- Assists in the preparation of functional area Other Fixed Cost monthly reporting
- Supports local compliance with IFRS in a timely and accurate manner
- Assists in managing fixed assets including the reconciliation of capital in progress by project along with associated fixed asset and depreciation accounts, monthly depreciation and capitalization of assets under construction along with the reporting of investment spending
- Distributes, completes accounting, and reconciles monthly P-card activity
- Assists with Freight inquiries and analysis
- Function as a team player to rectify process gaps, identify potential process improvements, and streamline tasks
- Meet required reporting deadlines
- Support during interim and yearly financial audits
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned
Formal Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance/Business Administration
- Strong understanding of the General Ledger required
- Very solid Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel) required
- Experience with SAP financial systems or similar financial software preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required
- Open to constructive feedback, management, and coaching required
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and applications through this link.