Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a detail-orientated finance professional driven by results? Do you have good people management and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Then you may be our new:
Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting, Bethune
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Manages a team of finance professionals in a subsidiary to ensure that finance and control activities are completed accurately and on time
- Directs and monitors a variety of finance and control activities to ensure that the subsidiary's financial resources are managed in accordance with principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards and group accounting principles and instructions. These may include e.g. accounting, reporting, tax, treasury, credit risk and controlling activities
- Manages, analyzes, interprets and reports financial information for function and manufacturing use and advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions. Participates in accounting (also transactional accounting)
- Analyzes financial and other relevant information to inform key strategic decisions in a plant and supports the formulation of plant business strategies and works with other function managers to put the finance view in context
- Contributes to the development of Suominen finance and control processes and policies
- Implements corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls and communicates these across the subsidiary
- Coordinates and participates in the monthly accounting closing process, plant reporting and analysis, corporate format reporting and reporting of financial results within guidelines of govt. agencies and Suominen Group accounting policies using GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Oversee/perform the cost accounting and analysis function.
- Preparation of plant Business Plan and Annual Plan financials, and quarterly entity level forecasting.
- Responsible for preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and monthly financial projections.
- Contributing member of the site management team, providing strong support to the site Plant Director.
The position is based in Bethune, SC, U.S.A. You will report to Sirpa Koskinen, Vice President Group Controlling.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance
- Five or more years of increasingly progressive accounting experience (including management experience) in general and cost accounting functions in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced with financial statements for a legal entity (P/L and balance sheet)
- Proficient PC skills, SAP knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and management skills
For more information, please contact Kathleen Vita, Senior Manager, Human Resources Americas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by April 2, 2021 through the application link.
Suominen in Brief
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes and other applications. Our vision is to be the frontrunner for nonwovens innovation and sustainability. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens, such as wet wipes, feminine care products and swabs, are present in people’s daily life worldwide. Suominen’s net sales in 2020 were EUR 458.9 million and we have nearly 700 professionals working in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Read more at www.suominen.fi.