Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have good people management and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team? Then you may be our new
Process Engineer, Windsor Locks
The Process Engineer role will be interested in how and why things work. Support and develop defined sections of manufacturing to achieve safety, quality and maximum utilization of equipment within a plant
While your primary focus will be on implementing the operational development of assigned sections of manufacturing, you will also be driving a high-performance culture within our Process Engineering team. As a member of the Operations team, you will have an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of the manufacturing site and company in multiple ways.
The position will be based in Windsor Locks US.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for conducting all duties in a safe manner, observing good work practices and housekeeping in the work area, and in all matters relating to cleanliness and tidiness.
- Active participant of the site’s Safety Team
- Analyzes, plans, designs, develops, automates, and implements production methods and procedures to manufacture a variety of production quantities from various materials at competitive cost
- Identify root causes of manufacturing bottlenecks and implement corrective actions.
- Assesses and implements true process control by way of the Suominen OPEX procedures and methods
- Participate, implement and monitor SPC at the line level.
- Provides technical shop floor support in the areas of machining, programming, fabrication, finishing test and assembly for the proper set-up and utilization of equipment
- Troubleshoots day-to-day shop floor problems pertaining to equipment, tools, raw materials, and design. Determines the source of problems and resolves them
- Acts as plant coordinator for Suominen continuous improvement program
- Reviews new or revised design drawings for manufacturing feasibility, optimum product design, and cost using value analyses and practices of sound industrial economics
- Executes a variety of projects involving the manufacturing of standard and special products, trial of new methods, equipment and tooling up. Recommends, justifies and implements new and/or revised processes to reduce costs and improve productivity
- Actively participate on Suominen Best Practice team(s) network to take benefits of wider Process Engineering community and contribute to it.
- Provide backup coverage for the Production Manager and other Process Engineers.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of new production personnel.
- On-call duties expected.
This position reports to Angelo Zeni, Manager, Process Engineering, Windsor Locks.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or related field, manufacturing
- 0-2 years minimum experience nonwoven production and/or production management (nonwoven manufacturing experience preferred)
- Possess scientific methods for problem solving
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to solve internal and external technical problems and make decisions regarding process issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- SAP or similar experience a plus
- Read, write and speak English
- Must be able to upgrade job skills through participation in company training programs as needed
- Ability to handle up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel overnight
For more information, please contact Shannon Milliard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by October 29, 2021 through application link: Process Engineer, Windsor Locks (sympahr.net)
Why choose Suominen?
Being a good employer is a strategic priority for Suominen. This means creating positive energy in the workplace, having committed staff, everyone doing as they promise, and providing a fair environment in which everyone is treated equally and fairly.
A safe workplace and employee wellbeing are our top priorities. We encourage everyone to create a positive atmosphere and discuss matters openly. Our working culture is flexible.
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes as well as for medical and hygiene products. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens bring added value to the daily life of consumers worldwide. Suominen is the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes and employs nearly 700 people in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s net sales in 2020 amounted to EUR 459 million. Suominen's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Stock Exchange.