Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have good people management and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Then you may be our new:
Plant Director Bethune
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Promote a strong safety and quality culture where both safety and quality are core values of everyone at Suominen. Ensure full compliance to all Safety and Quality related policies, procedures and practices. Ensure that core principles are being recognized as permanent and transcend priorities.
- Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of functional and operational managers or other professionals to ensure that the site(s) meets its established targets and standards
- Responsible for establishing operating budgets within specified levels, monitors the cost and effectiveness of site related activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and achieve safety, quality and manufacturing standards
- Sets and monitors the performance of the site against standards and targets in areas such as manufacturing efficiency, cost control in production, maintenance, reliability and availability of the supply chain, legal compliance, capital investment proposals, HSEQ and human resource management
- Develops and implements a variety of operating policies and procedures (in conjunction with corporate subject matter experts) to ensure that the plant meets it current and future manufacturing targets
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. authorities, union representatives, media, NGOs) to develop and improve corporate relations
- Promotes a strong environment, safety and quality culture which are core values of everyone at Suominen and ensures full compliance to all related policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensures that operations core principles are being recognized and put as the highest priorities in decision making
- Implements and ensures adherence to operations core principles
The position is based in Bethune, SC, U.S.A. You will report to Mimoun Saim, Senior Vice President Global Operations.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in production management, engineering or relevant field
- Five to seven years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Proven ability to manage a complex manufacturing facility
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and management skills
- Proficient analytical skills
For more information, please contact Kathy Vita at email@example.com.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by March 19, 2021, through the application link:
Suominen in Brief:
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes and other applications. Our vision is to be the frontrunner for nonwovens innovation and sustainability. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens, such as wet wipes, feminine care products and swabs, are present in people’s daily life worldwide. Suominen’s net sales in 2020 were EUR 458.9 million and we have nearly 700 professionals working in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Read more at www.suominen.fi.