Position: Manager, Spunlace Technology, Americas
Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have good people management and communication skills and enjoy working within a diverse team?
Suominen is looking to hire a dynamic, technically-oriented Manager, Spunlace Technology, Americas to join our Process Technology group to oversee the Suominen spunlace platform, currently in Green Bay, WI, Bethune, SC and Paulinia, Brazil. In this position, you will support and develop all defined sections of spunlace manufacturing to achieve sustainable and controlled efficiency, quality, safety and maximum utilization of equipment.
Business Impact: Lead and maintain transformation from reactive to predictive process control and assurance. Solve acute basic operational manufacturing issues related to the spunlace process.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to all safety and quality practices and organizational policies and procedures in all tasks and job functions. Recognize safety and quality as Core Operating Principles that are permanently at the top of priorities.
- Coordinates (preparation and execution) the improvements in an assigned process technology (spunlace) to achieve sustainable and controlled efficiency, safety, quality and maximum utilization of equipment
- Develops the 3 -ways approach (w/o cost, debottlenecking needing limited investment, amelioration needing larger investments) for all improvement plans
- Leads and maintains transformation from reactive to predictive process control and assurance
- Assesses specific situations or issues related to line performances and/or process control
- Develops corrective action plans with the local team (Focus Improvement Teams) and follow-ups on the action plans and ensures that actions implemented are solid and sustainable
- Provides technical support to the Plants to optimize and maintain quality and line efficiencies towards world class level
- Takes part of troubleshooting in the Plants, especially in case of extraordinary events
- Participates to the product development trials: preparation, execution and conclusion
- Suggests and justifies process modifications.
- Travel and spend time in different Plants according to needs.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor´s degree in engineering, production management, product development or relevant field, preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a spunlace manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge in automation and modern technical processes
- Spunlace knowledge
- Process optimization
- Strong IT skills, computer systems
- Proven ability to look at data, analyze and take action
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Highly analytical, strong problem-solving skills.
- High energy, proactive, positive mindset.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by January 31, 2021, through the application link.
For more information, please contact Kathy Vita, Senior Manager, HR, Americas at Kathleen.email@example.com.