Are you passionate about working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a strong safety and quality culture? Do you have excellent research & development skills and enjoy working within a diverse team? Then you may be our new:
Suominen is looking to hire a dynamic, technically-oriented Manager, R&D to join our R&D group to maintain key mature technology and develop new products and technologies. In this position, you will support research and development activities, develop competencies and generate new products, components, systems, processes and know-how.
Business Impact: Accountable to deliver product at performance, cost and time-to-market requirements.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to all safety and quality practices and organizational policies and procedures in all tasks and job functions. Recognize safety and quality as Core Operating Principles that are permanently at the top of priorities.
- Manages project portfolio for the product line and provides adequate support to strategic projects through prioritization of resources.
- Matches the business’s strategic plan with project objectives.
- Actively participates in establishing the strategic plan and department objectives.
- Ensures product development on time and on budget.
- Identifies new or improved products to satisfy customer requirements in specific business areas and to create differentiation from competition.
- Provides technical expertise to customers.
- Generates solutions to complex technical problems, through independent application of technical expertise and through efficient use of the efforts of technical support personnel.
- Maintains surveillance of technical journals and other sources of technical information. Conducts patent searches and develops patents as needed.
- Participates in establishing new technology needs and future design activities.
- Interfaces with all levels of management to report results.
- Travel and spend time in different Plants according to needs.
We offer an interesting role in a multicultural environment, support of a motivated and professional team and possibility to grow and develop skills.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent with more than 10 years of industrial experience; M.S.; M.Sc. with 8 years of industrial experience or Ph.D. with more than 5 years of industrial experience. Educational degrees preferably in: chemistry, chemical engineering, fiber & polymer science, pulp and paper science or textile engineering.
- Pulp and Paper or related industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Capable of interacting on all levels of the organization in various different cultures; fluency in more than one language is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Highly analytical, strong problem-solving skills.
- High energy, proactive, positive mindset.
- Represents the company in a professional, ethical and moral manner at all times.
Please send your application, including your salary request and CV, by February 28, 2021, through the application link:
For more information, please contact Kathleen Vita, Senior Manager, HR, Americas at Kathleen.email@example.com.
Suominen in Brief
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes and other applications. Our vision is to be the frontrunner for nonwovens innovation and sustainability. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens, such as wet wipes, feminine care products and swabs, are present in people’s daily life worldwide. Suominen’s net sales in 2020 were EUR 458.9 million and we have nearly 700 professionals working in Europe and in the Americas. Suominen’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Read more at www.suominen.fi.